Pet Passports/Travel Clinics

All our practices are licensed to issue Pet Passports and we provide a free travel clinic, if you are travelling to another country with your pet.

If your pet does not already have a Pet Passport, the process is very simple: just book an appointment and the vet will check to make sure your pet is microchipped. We then provide a rabies vaccination. The microchip must be in place first, (if no microchip is present, we can also offer this service), and the pet must be over 12 weeks of age. A Pet Passport can then be issued, but you must wait 3 weeks before travel.

We will also check your pet is safe to travel and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. Some countries require an export certificate for travel, which we can provide, if required. On return from the EU or listed country, you will need to give your pet a tapeworm treatment. Rabies vaccinations are repeated every 3 years, and this will keep the Pet Passport up to date.

If you already have a Pet Passport, why not make use of our free travel clinics? Depending on where you are travelling to, we will be able to advise the right treatment for your pet, using the latest information on diseases present in other parts of the world, and any protection needed.